Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear Airplane Food,

I kinda really like you!

Despite it's uncomfortably/artificially warm dishes paired with uncomfortably cold utensils and/or fruit, there's something that really excites me about airplane food. Some theories:

1. You feel high class-even in economy! You've got an appetizer, bread roll, main course, and dessert--all served to you by marginally (sometimes) attractive women (usually). But, really how often do you get to go through the ritual of a full 3-course set meal? Even if it isn't all that tasty, the fanciness of it all can't be denied.
2. We are deprived otherwise. After 2 years of flying cross-country--and hungry--to and from school, I've forgotten that somtimes airplanes actually serve food! Maybe my desperation is leading to my love of airplane food. This theory is sad. I don't really like it.
3. Airplane food is actually good! Think about it. You usually get a solid piece of meat--hard to come across in Asia. And the buttery bread rolls can't be messed up too badly. And the dessert! Souffle, cheesecake, chocolate cake. What is all the complaining about?!

I wonder, though, am I alone? Your reassurances and/or contempt is welcome!

A Frequent Flyer,
Dans

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you flew Cathay on the way over, but that was gourmet...

    asian airlines>southwest

    ReplyDelete