Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For Real?

In hopes of making this blog more coherent for its (nonexistant) readership, I will feature some regular (read:more than once, i hope) installations.

This one is called "For Real?" Included will be stories that make you think "Did that just happen?", ridiculous Asian t-shirt slogans and (hopefully) some great Chinglish signs. Stay tuned for more!

This story occurred the first week I arrived in Hong Kong. Amidst the crowds of students and faculty getting off the shuttle bus at the train station, I noticed one shady character. Tall, dressed in black slack and sunglasses, he seemed like a man on a mission. What was that mission?

Walking determined to the station, the unidentified man shoulder-taps who seems to be a close friend on the opposite shoulder--classic trick! The sunglass-ed man pulls off the shoulder-tap beautifully but instead of chatting up the victim, he continues--straight faced as ever--on his way to the train station. Meanwhile, poor guy is stopped in his tracks trying to figure out who tapped him.

Who are you working for, shady sunglasses man? How many innocent people have you shoulder tapped? And, I ask you--for real, man?

I don't know whether I respect you or dislike you. Regardless, you confuse me, sir.

Until next time,
Danyal

1 comment:

  1. I find this shady man in sun glasses concerning as well. I feel the same as you do.

    ReplyDelete