Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Odds and Ends: Running Prego and Hostel Hospitality

I am the worst. Today, I made a pregnant lady run.

There is a pregnant woman (by the name of Percy!..I always thought that was a man's name, but that's cool) in my Imperial Women in Chinese History course. I actually thought she had a gut for the first month of class, until I confirmed with a classmate of her preggo-status. Boys are clueless, I know.

In true foreign exchange student form, I thought I would chat up Percy on our way to class. As we both walked towards the door, I thought I'd hold it open for her. What a gentleman! Instead, she somehow (pregnant women move very slowly, I learned) fell about 20 feet behind and saw me holding the door. In an attempt to catch up to me, Percy trudged herself hurriedly to the door. And, I made a pregnant lady run today. Awful.

This evening I'm traveling to Yangshuo--a small town in Guangxi province in South China. The place is renowned for its landscapes. Needless, to say I'm excited. Even more excited to stay in our hostel, which sent us this lovely welcoming message...

Hello

Thanks a lot for choose our hotel..

We can arrange any tour for you with cheapest price,so you donnot need warry anything ,just come here.

Travels by boat is very expensive in Guilin, I suggested that you take bus to yangshuo, then take LiRiver tour from yangdi to xingping ,cheapest and nice.

Sometimes arrived time is diffrent.So give us a call when you arrived yangshuo.( phone number: 0773-8826460 or 13788438142 . if you not have phone you can use public telephone call 8826460 donnot need 0773 ,take0.5yuan ) we can go to there pick up you with your name card.

.(Some man is not good ,always say he is steven or he is from west lily.this hotel is so far.no room......dont belive that until you see your namecard. )

Becarefully: sometimes the busdriver at gas station tell you get off the bus,donnot belive that.yangshuo busstation is last stop you need see everyone get off the bus and you get off bus.

see you

lily

I'm afraid of Steven.

War(r)y as ever,

Danyal

No comments:

Post a Comment