Monday, October 5, 2009

Greetings from the East!

Hello Everyone!

First, let me catch you all up to speed. I'm on a study abroad program in Hong Kong for the semester.... That's about it, actually.

Now, you must be thinking...who is this guy? Who made him King? And why does he call it the "Kong"? Well, to the haters and nay-sayers I'd say--come to the KONG, and you will see for yourself! So in the mean time, let's get this blog-party started.

I have already been in Hong Kong for over a month, but only now am I getting busy writing about my adventures. This might be good timing as I'm preparing for my first trip outside of Hong Kong! I'm off to Vietnam (Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City) this Thursday.

We should rewind first. What have I been up to this past month? Pictures speak louder than words (or is it actions?..) So, here it goes. There's been a bit of...

The Weird
Note: These celebrity tutors are everywhere in Hong Kong. My favorite tutor? A toss up between "Frenda So" and "Enfany Chan". Disclaimer: Both Frenda and Enfany chose their own English names.

The Warm
Hong Kong's own Half Moon (or Hap Mun) Beach. Very crowded, very warm, very fun.

The Wondrous
Sai Kung coastline.

...and The (S)Weat
The humidity has been subsiding recently. But for the first four weeks or so, I was sweating like no other! This picture doesn't capture the true extent of perspiration..

Sorry for the lack of photos. Now that the camera is back in commission, I will post more photos and hope to post more often through this blog!

Cheers,
Danyal

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're having fun in Hong Kong! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete